Maintain Cholesterol Level and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol
Normal cholesterol levels, according to the American Heart Association are less than 150 mg/dL. An estimated 50% of Americans have high cholesterol. To avoid coronary blockages and heart attacks, it is imperative that you lower your cholesterol to normal limits. Here are some tips that can help you achieve and maintain normal cholesterol levels.
Cholesterol is needed for other purposes, such as the creation of the hormone and the maintenance of the cell. Cholesterol makes up the cell membranes, which gives cells their structure and integrity. The myelin sheath covering nerves also needs cholesterol to function properly.
You can reduce the cholesterol levels by keeping some simple things in mind. Stop eating food, which is high in fat like cheese, butter, animal fat and some dairy products. Eat food items that cut or reduce the cholesterol levels like garlic, onion, soy and products of soy, oats and carrot juice. Turmeric is a natural antiseptic, which also helps to reduce the cholesterol as it acts as antioxidant. Take a fiber rich diet as it also helps to reduce the cholesterol. Eat fruits with lower fats and have fresh green vegetables.
High Blood Cholesterol Treatment and Advice
1. Take low fatty diet.
2. Do regular exercise in morning and evening both.
3. Avoid meat products.
4. Do not smoke and drink alcohol.
5. Loose weight if obese.
6. Include Roughage and fibrous food in diet.
7. Use sunflower, or safflower oil for cooking.
8. Drink plenty of water.
Daily Dietary Intake
The basic dietary strategy for maintaining heart health is low fat, very low saturated fat, high fiber, and low cholesterol. For many people, a change in diet is enough to correct high cholesterol levels and the American Heart Association has provided some intake recommendations that everyone should follow:
1. Total fats should not exceed more than 25 to 35 percent of daily caloric intake.
2. Saturated fats should be restricted to less than 7 percent.
3. Trans fat â the most harmful â should not exceed 1 percent daily.
4. Consume no more than 250 to 300 milligrams of cholesterol per day.
5. 25 to 30 grams of fiber should be consumed every day.
Herbal remedies to maintain cholesterol level
Guggal has been shown to lower blood-fat levels while raising levels of HDL, this is the reason that it is called good cholesterol. This is also useful in atherosclerosis, psoriasis and cardiac ischemia. It has been shown that Guggul can lower blood cholesterol by 14-27% and it can also lower triglycerides by 22-30%. Coriander seeds act as good herbal remedy for cholesterol. Take 1 glass of water, add 2 tablespoons of coriander seeds and boil it. Let the infusion cool for some time and then strain it. Drink this mixture thrice in a day.
Onion juice is helpful in reducing the level of cholesterol. It also works as a tonic. It cleans blood, helps digestive system, cures insomnia and regulates the heart action and helps in lowering cholesterol. This is a good and simple home remedy for cholesterol.
Herbal Remedies for High Blood Cholesterol
1. Eat garlic regularly. It is an effective herbal remedy for lowering cholesterol
2. Take 3 grams of mixture of giloye with black pepper powder twice a day. It is also an effective herbal remedy for lowering cholesterol
3. Taking one tablespoon of honey is also good for lowering cholesterol
4. Take guggulu for natural cholesterol lowering
5. Take one teaspoon of oil of the ishabgul seeds twice a day. It will help in lowering blood cholesterol